How do I stream the video of A Christmas Carol
You can watch the video via several platforms. Here are specific instructions and links to Vimeo help articles that will help you.
Watch via your computer’s web browser:
Follow the link that will be sent to you in your email.
Watch via your Phone (on an app or the browser):
It doesn’t matter if you have the Vimeo app on your phone or not, you can use the link that will be sent to you in your email.
Watch via your TV streaming device:
This article in Vimeo’s help section will let you know what TV streaming devices have Vimeo apps.
There is a multi-step process for watching a private video using a Vimeo app on a TV streaming device. The first part can be done on a web browser or a phone app.
Web Browser, iPad, or iPhone:
1. Go to http://vimeo.com and create a Vimeo account. If you already have one, log in.
2. Go back to your email and follow the link that was/will be provided in your email.
3. In the upper right hand corner of the video screen you will see a heart icon and a clock icon. Click the clock icon. This adds the video to your “Watch Later” list.
Note: On an iPhone there are three dots just below the lower right hand side of the video screen and if you click those you will see a “Watch Later.” Select that and you will see a notification that you have saved it to your watch list.
First, install the Vimeo app on your TV Streaming Device. Then, go to your TV app:
– Open the Vimeo App on your Smart TV or Streaming Device.
– Log in using the same account that you used to save the video to your “Watch Later” list. You should see the video saved there and now available to be played. If you are already logged into your account on your AppleTV, Roku or Chromecast when you add the video to your “Watch Later” list, it may not appear on your list on your TV until you logout and log back in, again.
Watching the video on your Apple TV using Airplay:
From the Vimeo website: “With your device connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, start playing a video and tap the AirPlay icon in the lower right-hand corner of the player. Just like that, your selected video will begin playing on your TV.”
Connect with an HDMI cable:
Another way to watch web videos on your big-screen TV is to manually connect a cable between your laptop to your television. As long as your TV is newer than, say, eight years old, you should have an extra HDMI input on the back or side. Your cable TV box probably occupies one slot. An HDMI cable can handle both audio and video. Here's how to get going:
1. Pick up a spare HDMI cable from a dollar store — they're not expensive — order one online or borrow one from a family member if you don't already have a second HDMI cable.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your laptop's HDMI output jack.
3. Plug the other end of the cable into your television's HDMI port. You may need to move your computer closer to the TV, and it's a good idea to have your PC or Mac plugged into the wall for power. Use your TV remote to change the Source or Input to the one designated for your computer, such as HDMI 2. You should see what's on your laptop screen.
4. Use your computer trackpad or mouse to click Play on the video. It will play on your TV, too.