COVID-19 Update Center
HEALTH & SAFETY - ALWAYS COMES FIRST!
The safety and well-being of our patrons, artists and staff is our top priority. As we prepare to welcome you back to Milwaukee Rep, please read about the measures we have put into place to make your experience as safe and touch free as possible.
- We are requiring patrons, staff and volunteers to wear face masks at all times. Upon arrival at the theater everyone will have their temperature taken using a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- We are asking any patron who is feeling ill to please stay home. Our staff and volunteers are expected to do the same.
- In advance of your performance, you will receive an email with any updated guidelines in accordance with the CDC, State of Wisconsin and/or the City of Milwaukee.
New Cleaning Protocols
- In addition to our standard cleaning process, we are increasing the cleaning frequency of all public spaces, including the theaters, lobby and restrooms and will be using the Clorox Total 360 System with power wrap and electrostatic technology to disinfect and sanitize even the most difficult places to get to. Clorox Total 360, which is currently used by many airlines, will be applied before every performance.
- We are thoroughly disinfecting door handles, counters and all shared surfaces prior to, during and after every performance.
- We are making touchless hand sanitizer stations available throughout the building.
- In our restrooms, our soap/water dispensers and toilet flushers will now all be touchless.
- Our entire system has gone through a deep clean, which we will continue to do on a regular basis, and we have upgraded to the highest quality MERV filters. Additionally, we are pumping in the maximum amount of fresh air into our building before, during and after performances.
Tickets & Seating
- We are implementing a fully digital ticketing system that will include contactless ticket scanning.
- In accordance with CDC and City of Milwaukee guidelines, our theater seating has been reduced for proper social distancing. In the Quadracci Powerhouse our maximum seating capacity is 170 (normal capacity 720).
- We have eliminated seats in the first two rows to provide more distance between the patrons and the stage.
- Our programs are going digital. In addition to information about the production and director’s notes, stay tuned for behind-the-scenes materials and more content. Programs are available on our website as well as sent via email in advance of your performance.
- As much as we are certain of our commitment to resume production, we know we are in uncertain times. Rest assured that if for any reason we must cancel performances we will honor your commitment to us by offering a full array of ticket exchange and refund options.
Information & Entertainment
Below are answers to the most common questions that we are receiving. If you have additional questions, you can our Ticket Office at 414-224-9490 on weekdays between Noon and 6pm.
Why are you moving the originally announced season to 2021/22?
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 constraints, we cannot present the season as scheduled. Our original 2020/21 Season was designed to be experienced as a whole by our more than 200,000 patrons including our over 16,000 Subscribers. When it became apparent that we couldn’t produce some shows in the manner we envisioned due to safety protocols, and would have to significantly limit seating capacities to socially distance, we concluded the entire lineup should move to the 2021/2022 Season.
For those that purchased a Subscription, we have automatically shifted your 2020/21 Subscription forward to the 2021/22 Season. You do not have to do anything! You are already paid for next season and guaranteed your same seats.
When can I purchase tickets to Ella Fitzgerald: First Lady of Song?
Tickets will go on sale later this winter – most likely in March.
What measures will you take to keep audiences safe?
The safety and well-being of our patrons, artists and staff is our top priority. As such, Milwaukee Rep will follow all measures required by the CDC, State of Wisconsin and/or the City of Milwaukee. We also will do our best to make your experience as touch free as possible. Please read about all the health & safety items we are putting in place at the top of this page.
If I don’t feel safe attending, will there be an option to stream the performance from home?
If you have purchased ticket to Ella Fitzgerald and at any time decide you are not comfortable attending a performance in-person, you may contact us to receive a link to a high-definition virtual viewing of the performance.
How will social distancing work in the theater?
In accordance with CDC, the Wisconsin Badger Bounce Back Plan and the City of Milwaukee guidelines, our theater seating has been reduced for proper social distancing. In the Quadracci Powerhouse our maximum seating capacity is 170 (normal capacity 720) per performance. Additionally, we have eliminated seats in the first two rows to provide more distance between the patrons and the stage.
When you purchase tickets for Ella Fitzgerald: First Lady of Song, you will be seated by the Ticket Office in socially distanced locations with the best seats offered on a first come, first served basis.
What happens if there are further cancellations or postponements?
As much as we are certain of our commitment to resume production, we know we are in uncertain times. If for any reason we must cancel performances, we will honor your commitment to us by offering a full array of ticket exchange and refund options.
Can I still eat dinner in the Stackner Cabaret or get a drink before the show?
Unfortunately, the Stackner Cabaret will be closed for performances and for dinner service during the 2020/21 Season. In addition, following health & safety recommendations, our lobby concessions bars as well as our donor lounge in the Quadracci Powerhouse will also be closed for the season.
What about special events and other programs surrounding performances?
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep our safety focused on performances, we will be suspending our in-person, ancillary events for the 2020/21 Season. This includes post-show Opening Night parties, Rep-in-Depth and TalkBacks. Stay tuned for virtual opportunities for further engagement and discussion about our productions.
What are some ways I can still engage with Milwaukee Rep now?
Visit the Our Home to Your Home page to explore our various virtual opportunities, including videos from Milwaukee Rep artists, online workshops, downloadable activity books, exclusive interviews with arts and community leaders, and much more. You can also find this content and more on our Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter pages.