All Access Performance
Milwaukee Rep is pleased to present the theater’s first Sensory-Friendly All Access performance as part of our production of Much Ado About Nothing on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 6:30pm. We value the chance for everyone to see themselves at Milwaukee Rep and experience the art of live theater in a positive and enriching way.
This All Access performance is for anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed theatergoing environment. This can include, but is not limited to people with sensory sensitivities, anxiety, dementia, autism spectrum disorders, learning differences or challenges. However, the performance is open to everyone.
We are grateful for the generous support of UPAF’s Kasey’s Fund for giving us the opportunity to expand our accessibility to the Milwaukee community and for our partnership with Pink Umbrella Theater and Stepping Stone Educational Services to make this performance possible.
If you have questions or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-224-9490.
What are Sensory-Friendly Performances?
At Sensory-Friendly Performances, accommodations will include:
- Lower sound and light levels; all strobe light effects removed.
- House lights on at a low level throughout the performance.
- Audience members are welcome to stand, move around, and enter and leave the theater as needed.
- An Activities Area with crafts and activities for engagement.
- Designated quiet and calm spaces.
- Sensory supports available (fidgets, earplugs).
- A Social Narrative that portrays the theater-going experience with pictures and text.
- A Character Guide with pictures identifying each character in the show.
- Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, headphones, electronics and other support items to the show.
In addition to being a Sensory-Friendly performance, the February 7 show will also be All Access. Milwaukee Rep will provide the following services: ASL interpretation, Audio Description and Captioning.