Non-Union Milwaukee General Audtions
The 2017 Non-Union Milwaukee General Auditions will take place on Monday, January 30th, 2017, from 8:45am to 5:00pm, at Milwaukee Repertory Theater. This is a locals only audition – only adult-aged, Milwaukee-based, non-union professional actors who do not require assistance with travel and housing should attend.
THE SIGN-UP PROCESS
We will again implement the lottery system used last year, due to the continued high demand for these audition slots:
- The lottery will be conducted for this year’s audition and waiting list slots. There will still be an in-person component to this process, in order to maintain focus on local talent.
- Actors who auditioned in the 2016 Milwaukee General Auditions will not be allowed to do so in 2017. At this time, we anticipate that actors who auditioned in 2016 will be eligible to do so again in 2018.
- Actors enrolled in college or university and in their final semester of study before graduation at the time of the auditions will be eligible to attend. All other student actors must wait until they meet this requirement.
- Actors born after January 30th, 1999 are not eligible to audition.
On Saturday January 7th, 2017 at 9:30a, interested actors will be able submit their respective Non-Union Milwaukee General Auditions Lottery Entry Forms outside of Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s Stackner Cabaret on the 2nd floor Arboretum of the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex, accessible via elevator or via the escalator near building security.
Lottery forms are available for download here in advance of these auditions, so that interested actors may download, print, and complete them in advance of the lottery day. Paper copies of the form will not be made available on the day of the lottery. Lottery Entry Forms must be downloaded, printed, and completed in advance. Interested actors must also present a valid form of photo identification (driver’s license or state-issued identification is recommended) in order to submit her/his lottery entry. In addition, please note that an individual is eligible to submit one Lottery Entry only, and only for oneself - entries made for other individuals will not be accepted.
Here are the specifics of the sign-up process that will take place on January 7th, 2017:
- From 8:30a to 9:30a, Lottery Entry Forms will be validated and accepted.
- At 9:30a, the Lottery will take place. Participating actors must be present to accept a slot resulting from a winning Lottery Entry. If your name is called and you are not present, your winning entry will be forfeit.
- As winning Lottery Entries are drawn, that actor will have the opportunity to sign up for a remaining available Audition or Waiting List slot. Winning entries will be processed in the order in which they are drawn.
There will also be 10 Waiting List slots available. Sign-up for these slots will occur in the same manner as outlined above, once all auditions slot have been filled. Obtaining a Waiting List slot does not guarantee an audition, but preference for any slots that open (due to cancellation, for example) at a later date will be given to those actors on the Waiting List.
PREPARING FOR THE AUDITIONS
Audition slots will be 4 minutes long, and will consist of any two of the following:
- One contemporary monologue
- One classical monologue (preferably Shakespeare)
- One musical theater selection – 60 to 90 seconds in duration. An accompanist will be in attendance.
Please note that the actor’s introduction and any time necessary to communicate with the accompanist will count as part of the 4 minutes. Please prepare and time your selections carefully, as actors who exceed the audition time of 4 minutes will be stopped.
Non-Equity actors should plan to bring 30 headshots/resumes and should be neatly staples back-to-back prior to the audition date. Actors who choose to audition with a musical theater selection and desire accompaniment should come prepared with sheet music.
Questions? Please email Dylan K. Sladky, Artistic Administrator, at email@example.com. Due to the volume of questions, please allow two business days for a response.
All interested actors should visit this page regularly for information and updates.
COMPANIES INTERESTED IN ATTENDING
(updated January 23, 2017)
The Alchemist Theatre –
The Bunny Gumbo Theater Company –
Milwaukee Chamber Theatre –
American Player’s Theatre –
Next Act –
Milwaukee Repertory Theater –
Milwaukee Comedy –
All In Productions –
Actor’s Craft Seventh Avenue Theatre –
Theatre RED –
Third Avenue Playhouse –
Cooperative Performance Milwaukee –
First Stage Children’s Theatre –
Fireside Theatre –
Bronzeville Arts Ensemble –
Theatre LILA –
Quasimondo Milwaukee Physical Theatre –
Children’s Theater of Madison –
Forward Theater Company –
In Tandem Theatre –
Lori Lins Talent –
Renaissance Theaterworks –
Solstice Theatre –
The Third Avenue Playhouse –
Zoological Society of Milwaukee/Kohl’s Wild Theater –
Bard & Bourbon –
Great River Shakespeare Festival –
Optimist Theatre/ Free Shakespeare In the Park –
Music Theatre of Madison –